Maximising your Satellite Communications Security
January 24, 2016 | By vicki
With an increasing number of commercial organisations operating off the beaten track or in areas of hostility there has never been such a reliance on Satellite Communications Security.
Whether used for voice communications, the transmission of data or tracking and locating services, it is vital that this technology is operating in a secure and appropriate manner according to the immediate environment.
By introducing some simple operating procedures, your employees will be able to increase their satellite communications security and reduce the probability of interception or compromise.
5 Key Recommendations:
1. Avoid creating patterns. Don’t check in or call at the same time every day or call from the same location as patterns attract attention.
2. Only Satellite Communications use equipment with a known history. Legacy terminals or handsets may be associated with organisations who you do not want to be associated with!
3. Use code words or veiled speech. If you presume that the data you send will be deciphered at some point, code words will protect your business critical information.
4. Minimise usage. Only transmit when you really need to.
5. Use data communications (txt or email) where possible. The short data burst nature of the transmission will lower your RF profile as opposed to rambling voice conversation.
World Class Expertise
Assure Technical’s Communications consultants have years of experience designing, operating and maintaining military communications systems ranging from mainstream HF, VHF and satellite, through to discrete and covert systems.
Our cutting edge military experience enables us to deliver world-class Specialist Communications expertise to Commercial and Non-Government Organisations.
If your organisation would benefit from receiving Satellite Communications Security expertise or training, you can find out more and contact us via our website www.assuretechnical.com